Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A Confession

I have a confession to make. I've been attending concerts at least once a month since May and have not been writing about them. It wasn't that I had nothing to say about them. I had my ups and downs, celebrated victories and sang my disgruntled woes. I feared I was (and am) becoming repetitive. I used to love standing in the crowds, hoping to hear my favorite songs... Alas the older I get the harder it becomes to handle the crowds, the costs, and unfortunately my health limits my physical tolerance. I find myself asking questions I never asked myself before, "do I REALLY want to see this group?". It's strange. There was a time not too long ago where I would say "HELL YEAH!" to any concert, just for the experience! Now a days, between the number of responsibilities I have and the lack of financial resources, I turn down more shows than I go to. There is also a diminishing number of bands, musicians, and performers that I actually LIKE that I haven't already seen. That's not to say there aren't some cool things happening sonically out there... I just have found myself apathetic.

A musical depression is clearly upon me.

1 comment:

  1. I've had those same feelings lately. Getting older isn't all I thought it might be, but then again it kind of is. I remember one concert we went to a couple of years ago this child... seriously, CHILD was walking around with his parents drinking Red Bull ::face palm:: Shiz like that just makes me not want to be there... Excuse the rant :)

    ReplyDelete