Friday, February 5, 2010

Restaurant Week Lunch: SD26

February 3rd, 2010

2nd Course: Wild Bass Acquapazza, Zucchini, Fregola Sarda, Diced Tomatoes

Do you know what it feels like to follow an impressive performance? It usually feels like you won't be nearly as good. You find yourself asking "How do I top THAT?". The answer is simple. Don't try to top it, try to match it. Be its equal & more importantly be yourself. That's exactly what the 2nd course here did.

The raviolo was decadence incarnate. To be frank it made me feel heavy & a bit naughty...& as much as I LIKE that feeling if it goes on too long it can bring me down. That's around the time I took my first bite of the Wild Bass Acquapazza.

Floating atop beautifully cut & cooked zucchini & tomatoes in a flavorful & aromatic broth was a light, flaky, & PERFECTLY cooked piece of poached wild bass. This was the ideal following act to the 1st course.

No comments:

Post a Comment