Thursday, February 4, 2010

Restaurant Week Lunch: SD26

February 3, 2010

1st Course: "Uovo" soft egg yolk filled raviolo with truffled butter

There have been moments when I'm eating where something holy & even slightly orgasmic happens to me. It's an ultimate satisfaction that starts on my tongue instantly sends an electric charge straight to the top of my head. I discovered recently that this area is known as the "crown chakra" & it's apparently your personal connection with God.

Well, I suppose food is God & restaurants like SD26 are my church.

This was one of the most beautifully crafted appetizers I've ever had the pleasure of consuming. The presentation appears simple, but the execution is complex. Inside of that glorious & slightly oversized raviolo is a perfectly cooked sunny side up egg- you could vaguely see it through the translucent skin of the pasta. When you broke into it the harmony of flavors sing. The tang of the cheese, the texture of the egg, the creaminess of the butter, & the earthy richness of the truffle say AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment