Friday, February 5, 2010

Restaurant Week Lunch: SD26

February 3rd, 2010

3rd Course: Panna Cotta with Balsamic Reduction and Fresh Strawberries

I'm always about dessert. It's the best part of any meal. I seldom get to experience it because I am either too full or can't afford to indulge. The beauty of Restaurant Week is that dessert is included in the pre fixe and the portions are reasonable enough that there's room for the grand finale. SD26 was by far the most perfect meal I've gotten the pleasure to experience in my restaurant week ventures.

Smooth with the finest consistency and kissed with the simple flavor of vanilla bean this panna cotta was a direct link to the pearly gates. It was well paired with a sticky discreet balsamic reduction and fresh strawberries. The dessert was a harmonious blend of light vanilla and exotic balsamic flavor. The freshness of the fruit reinforced the scent and taste of the balsamic and vanilla. My only complaint was that I couldn't make it last forever.

I spent most of my afternoon and evening reminiscing about this meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment