Friday, February 19, 2010

Dinner at Da Silvano

February 5th, 2010

Rigatoni Focaccia: Rigatoni with Double Smoked Bacon, Sage, Rosemary, Garlic, White Wine, Cream, & Tomato

I am slightly indifferent to pasta.

I'll give you a minute to recover from that statement. I know, what kind of Italian am I?! For me, pasta is pasta (unless it's FRESHLY made). Pasta is a blank canvas- it's only as good as the sauce you dress it in.

Case in point, Da Silvano in the West Village. I went thanks to a free bottle of wine coupon from my new best friends at BlackBoardEats.com and well, I'm glad I got a free bottle... the food wasn't BAD but it wasn't worth writing to your Nonna about either.

The pasta was not fresh albeit Al Dente. The sauce was rich with cream but had been balanced well with the tang of the tomato & the salt of the bacon. However, the other flavors were lost completely.

Another issue I have mixed feelings on were portions. It was over $20 for an entree & it was WAY below average size for a restaurant. So don't go here hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment