Friday, March 16, 2012

I haven't sent a text message post in a very long time, in the age of smart phones and portable doodads it seems silly to send a text blog post anymore. Yet, as I sit here on this bus barreling southward towards Washington DC it dawned in me that it's been a long while since I've written.

It's not because I haven't had anything to write. 2011 went out with an explosive force of energy like I've never experienced before. I saw the Cure at the Beacon Theatre, I went to the Czech Republic, and, I received the greatest gift I've ever had the honor and privilege to receive, a diamond ring from the love of my life.

2012 began quietly, with a content smile on my face, then a sudden jolt and frenzy of activity l had me summersault in merriment - I got a fancy new studio with my team to design in, I had brunch with one of my favorite musicians of all time (seriously, I'm still reeling) which inadvertently leaves me short one copy of Brumalia (you owe me a copy mr. you know who you are! I am all smiles as I say this), I wept at Madame Butterfly, then I saw Miss Piggy in her wedding dress ala Muppets take Manhattan, followed up by Zola Jesus at Webster Hall. That was just January and February.

Now it's March and here I am on a bus, eagerly awaiting my arrival at one of my oldest friends doorsteps to take in some smiles and hopefully the sight of cherry blossoms in our Nation's capital. Next week I am seeing Fiona Apple.

With all this good stuff having happened, happening, and about to happen... How is it that I haven't written? Well, with all the good life gives you, there must be a balance with the bad. It's been a personally tumultuous time for me, physically and emotionally speaking. Admitting weakness has never been a strong point for me, and even just writing that sentence has me hesitating to continue, but I'm trying to break a spell, undo a hex, lift a curse, uncork myself and my ability to create and be creative.

I want to be myself again.

So, maybe this is a start of my blogging again, or an apology to myself for the way I've been avoiding my own passions- I don't know. I just know that life despite its demented curve balls doused in gasoline... Is predominantly good and needs to be celebrated more often by me... And you too.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment