Tuesday, April 13, 2010

In the name of love... the Western Omelette

This may not look like much to you, but for me, it is a beacon of light on a dreary morning. It's components are simple, consisting of eggs, ham, peppers, & onions- yet when combined they become a force for any hangover to contend with. Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall you can find me placing an order in a diner or deli for the incredible, edible, hell- just plain magical Western Omelette!

I've been consuming this American staple since I was a wee little babe, & it amazes me that I still never tire of it. With the fluffy yellow eggs, the crunchy slightly cooked down peppers & onions, and the savory smoky ham, I think it's something that will always be part of my diner favorites.

Honestly, it's one of the most perfect foods out there to be consumed. I know that my taste can come off as a little... "fancy" but at the heart of it all, I'm just a slightly pudged out little girl who loves to eat good food no matter WHAT its origins!

No comments:

Post a Comment