Saturday, October 3, 2009

A Rant.

For me, pre-game adventures are an intrinsic part of the concert going experience. I don't mention them much, but I feel inclined to briefly discuss the events preceding the Fever Ray concert I attended this past Tuesday night. To start, I walked from my office in the Flatiron District, all the way down the brink of the Lower East side to justify the food and drink I was about to consume. I arrived at my destination, Prune, to meet my two concert cohorts and a friend for the evening. Prune has been recently made famous by toting the honor of "The Best Bloody Mary in all of NYC". I dually noted that there was a burger and Bloody Mary special for the "affordable" price of $15. So, I ordered it, and... YEAH it was a joke. Go there to drink a Bloody Mary and go somewhere else to eat! The "Burger" was a SLIDER, one singular slider, with a small serving of McDonald-esque fries! Although it was a tasty little ping-pong sized ball of meat- I couldn't BELIEVE I spent more than a few bucks on it! I mean, HONESTLY Prune, do you think you will stay in business with absurdly pretentious food, mediocre drinks, and a LOUSY wait staff?! Eh, you probably will. NYC is dumb that way...

OK. Rant over. Now, onward to discuss the evening spent in the serpentine labyrinth that is Webster Hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment