Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Sweat Shop

The Sweat Shop is literally just that. Oh and it's a rehearsal space for up & coming bands in Brooklyn. It's always fun for me to tag along with the band Trouble's Afoot for their band practice. It's mostly a boys club here so I thoroughly enjoy the confused sideway glances I get when I walk in with them wearing one of my "smart" outfits for work, & usually sporting a bass (not mine) slung over my shoulder. The rooms are unbearably "sultry" & you can feel the soundwaves vibrating in the narrow little mausoleum sized rooms... but there's charm here. These are musicians actually working at what they aspire to do, what they love. It's cool. SO here I sit listening to the band perfect their sound & nail down another track...

No comments:

Post a Comment