Trent Reznor is doing a Digg Dialog in a few days and we the people get to ask questions! Good lord... I better think about what I will ask... and NO not "Will You Marry Me?". Mainly because I couldn't handle the rejection, and, well, that line is WAY too long and filled with far more attractive people than I... but I digress...
Here are the questions I'd like to ask Trent Reznor:
Well, for starters-I really just want to ask him how he's doing. I mean, I know I don't REALLY know him, but his music has been my best friend, hero, muse, and lover, for oh, 16 years now... so... yeah, I want to check in on him! After the niceties- here's what I'd want to know...
1. What will you be doing during your planned "hiatus" from Nine Inch Nails? Will you pursue the Year Zero T.V. project with HBO as earlier discussed? Will you compose more instrumental works as a solo artist?
2. You've done some incredible collaborations in your musical career- which experience topped them all?
3. Is there musician, artist, etc. you'd like to work with that you haven't had the opportunity to do something with?
4. What albums can you not stop listening to this year?
5. What was the most humbling experience of your musical career?
6. What is your writing/composing process like? Which comes first, the lyrics or the music?
7. What is your favorite way to hear new music? (i.e. satellite radio, web, word of mouth)
8. What influences you outside of music- any art, authors, film makers we should know more about?
9. It seems you've evolved from Alt Rock Industrial rock star, to dissolving out of the media circus, and have now been catapulted into an ICONIC status through your progressive approach to music, it's connectivity and interaction to your fans, and how you distribute your message and art-- How has this icon status effected you?
10. Will you marry me? HA I'm kidding! but... seriously, Will You?
Oh. Yeahhh I figured you'd say no... but, uhm, haha, thanks for not being a dick about it!